Google Fiber

How fast is Google Fiber?

Is Google Fiber worth the money?

Is the rest of the internet being slow going to effect Google Fiber?


Being from Kansas City, Missouri... I'm blessed with Google Fiber as one of my internet service provider options.  I'm often asked if my internet-browsing experience is worth the extra $30 or so I pay every month?  My answer is unequivocally "yes" every time!

I regularly use my fiber connection for uploading/downloading huge Minecraft map files for my friends who play on a server I own. I typically upload and download these map files from my Google Drive account around the 7.5MB/s - 9.2MB/s mark.

8.1MB/s from Google Drive








Here are a few speedtest results I ran on December 24th, 2014:

Juneau, Alaska

Kansas City, Missouri

Seattle, Washington

Tampa Bay, Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment